Friday, March 12, 2010

Hong Kong Fooey? No! Hong Kong Noodles!!!

Hey all,

I'd like to share a recipe with you. It's a new taste treat that Jonathon counts as one of his faves and turned me onto it this last week. We can get it in any number of the food stalls around Singapore, but only a few do it just right.

Asian food is a great treat. I actually expected to gain weight here, but instead I'm losing it. Part is all the rambling I'm doing and the swimming I do every morning, but since 90% of the people in Singapore are skinny, it's gotta mean something, right?

I've always liked this type of food and now I can try all different things for very little money. I've found the street vendors are much better cooks than the restaurants and they are a lot cheaper, too.

So, here is my newest favorite treat. This recipe is similar to one I purloined from Asian chef down on Orchard Street. It's sometimes made with shrimp or prawns like in the picture, but I enjoy it best with bits of chicken and bean sprouts in it. Yum!!!! Enjoy!!!!

Hong Kong Noodles


Ingredients :

1/2 packet of fresh Hong Kong Noodles
1 small red pepper - julienned
1 small carrots - jullienned
1 small onions - slice thinly
2 clover of garlic - chopped
4 oz of chicken or pork - cut into small strip
10 shrimps - clean and de-veined
a handful of beansprouts
some spring onions - for garnish

Sauce :

1 tbsp of chili paste
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1/2 tsp of sugar
1/2 cup of water
salt and pepper to taste

Directions :

1) Wash off the flour from the noodles and drain well. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2) Put about 2 tbsp of oil in a hot pan and stir-fry onions and garlic until fragrant. Add in meat and continue to stir-fry until the meat is cooked.
3) Add in pepper, carrot and shrimp. Stir-fry for a minute and add in the noodles.
4) Stir-fry a few second and add in the sauce. Continue to stir-fry until the noodles is cook and the sauce dries up. Add in the beansprout and stir-fry a few second or until everything is well combined.
4) Dish out and garnish with some spring onions

Really, this is the best. Very filling, healthy and delicious. Try it. You'll be glad that you did!!!

And don't forget the Blog Challenge I put out on Tuesday's Blog! Win a FREE PDF Download!!!!!

Hugs,

CJ England
http://www.cjengland.com/home/Do%20Me%20A%20Favor100x154.jpg
Follow Your Dreams

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum ~ Yum!
I got a wok, oh, about 30 years ago. I dust it off occasionally. Umm, I haven't used it yet! But I keep thinking about using it. So, I copied the recipe for that future occasion.
Thanks for the recipe ~ Wish me luck! LOL
Sara J. ~ : - ]

PJ Dean said...

Lord how I love Asian cuisine! More recipes please CJ.

CJ England said...

Sara J,

I'm gonna buy a wok when I get home. I had one when we were first married, but I sold it when we went to Australia.

It'll get some use now.

CJ

CJ England said...

Will do, PJ.

Next up will be Black Pepper Crab.

OMG To die for!

CJ