Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 and the Excitement of Something New

Hey all,

It's the last Friday of the year and we get to end 2010 with a wonderful guest blogger.  RaeLynn Blue is an author of SciFi, Fantasy and Contemporary erotic romance, and she has some great things to tell us about her plans for next year.  But before that, let's get to know her a little better, shall we?  The following comes straight from her blog...
RaeLynn Blue is the author of numerous tales of erotic interracial romance and speculative romance. With an imagination that's varied and diverse, her tales explores love in all its many shades, situations and scenerios. She fell into romance stories at the ripe age of eleven and has been writing stories ever since. A humble scribbler of tales, RaeLynn is actively writing another story of lust, love, and romance.

I'm sure glad she scribbles.  LOL  I've enjoyed what I've read of her work and I think you will too.  So let's see what she has to tell us about 2011.  Please join me in welcoming RaeLynn Blue to my blog!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! Thank you, CJ England for having me here at your posh place on the web. I’m super thrilled to get the absolute last blogging invitation before the New Year. So, my blog today is about the excitement of something new.

It doesn’t matter if it’s a new cup of coffee or a new home, getting something new is exciting. No doubt about it, newness brings with a rush unlike anything—including sex.

I hear the gasps and I see the shaking of heads in sharp, frowns of disagreement. Hear me out on this one. That’s why we read and write romance stories. The lure of witnessing two people fall in love for the first time is one of the reasons why we read romance stories. The rush of meeting someone new, the thrill of learning about that person’s dreams, passions, interests, and the strong, nearly intoxicating allure of uncovering the subtle nuisances of the next person. The goose bumps and chills of that first kiss is what romance authors like me write about all the time.

For most of us, 2010 has been a year of frustrations wrought with a sluggish economy, political infighting and overall hardships. It seems that whenever I watch television or surface the internet, I’m bombarded by the depravity and absolute worse of human nature. Sickened, gloomy, and sad, I find my job in interacting with my family, my friends, and my characters—not necessarily in that order rebuild my self-esteem and my mood.

Still unconvinced? Okay.

When I sit down to write a new story, sometimes I have to force my hands to steady. I’ve written over 25 erotic romance stories, and each time, I am swept up in the nirvana of a new story. Captured by the characters’ love affair and new discoveries, I too am rejuvenated by their story. Above all, when I finish each story, I have great hope that someone out there is finding that powerful love, that unmovable love that is rooted in unconditional love and respect. I hope my readers, who sit down to read one of my stories is also wowed by the new, fresh story.

So, as the New Year approaches, I want you to remember that feeling—the zeal of a first kiss, the bursting of warmth in your chest the first time your daughter opens her gift, and the first time you sat in your new car. Or the very first time your eyes fell on your true love. Nothing is as sweet as the first time you hold your child.

On January 1, 2011 a new year will be upon us. I plan to greet the fresh year with the same zeal, eagerness, and above all hope that I encounter most new adventures. Won’t you join me?

Thank you, CJ for having me today.

Sincerely,

RaeLynn Blue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sounds like a very good thing, doesn't it?  I know I'm looking forward to 2011.  I've got a lot of plans myself, and I think you'll all be very happy with what I've got going!  How about you?  What plans do you have for 2011?  Let RaeLynn and I know in the comments below!

Hugs to all,

CJ England
Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com/frosty/frostytherealman.htm
 

http://cjengland.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CJsaysFollowYourDreams/

2 comments:

Phylis said...

Next school year (2011-2012) my two will be seniors and I'm scared for it but there is a bit of excitement as well. We will be getting their photos done over the summer and my niece is going to take them. She's a great photographer so they will be fantastic. It's going to be a great new year.

CJ England said...

I remember that oh so well. Senior pics are something you'll have always. A friend did ours as well and I love them.