Friday, June 1, 2012

The Weirdest Music On the Planet

Hey all,

Did that catch your attention?  It did mine.  I clicked on this article by mistake and then just sat there and stared at my computer screen.  I couldn't believe it.  But again, I'm getting ahead of myself.

One of my favorite websites is the Huff Post which has all kinds of odd and laughable news from around the world.  Some is just funny, others are beyond strange, and quite a few are a little disturbing.  I was actually trying to click on the link called, "15 Hilarious Pics of Accidental Phallic Symbols (NSFW / 18+)", which is also a hoot, when a link called "The Nine Strangest Musical Instruments" came up instead.  And this was the first pic I saw...


WTF?????  I mean the whole musical instrument in a badger is beyond weird in the first place, but the silver rod sticking out it's bum just caps it in my opinion.  Want weirder?  Check out this video.  I may have nightmares...



The music is like something out of a scifi movie, but what on God's green earth made the dude put the works in a honey badger's body?  Creepy or laughable?  You decide. 

And then there is this one.  Another scratch your head moment.  Honestly, I think someone has a little TOO much time on their hands.  LOL  What do you think?


And the video is just as interesting.  Check IT out.

So, there you have a couple of the lighter side of music.  Want more?  Check out the website and see the whole article.  http://www.oddee.com/item_98118.aspx  Enjoy!!!

Have another weird musical instrument you've seen or played?  Even if it's a more traditional one?  Let us know in the comments below!

I'll see you on Monday with a trip to the Sex Museum in Amsterdam.  (And if you check out the phallic symbol article, yes, I did play with the giant cocks!  *snicker*)

Hugs,


CJ England
 http://www.cjengland.com/home/domeafavor100x154.jpg
Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CJsaysFollowYourDreams/



4 comments:

Phylis said...

I'm gonna guess no two vegetables sound a like. lol Very weird. Had to stop the badger one. Couldn't take it any more. Good one. I will have to ck out the site. Thanks CJ.

CJ England said...

LOLOL, Phylis. No two veggies sound alike. I love it.

Ray said...

Some of these symbols might not be accidental.

I have seen the instrument in science shows on TV without the badger. In the veggie orchestra the carrot flute sounded like a real flute. The other instruments might not have sounded the same without the amplification.

CJ, you got me distracted into looking at the links on the phallic site. I found this one and thought it an important topic for discussion and put it on my Facebook.
http://tinyurl.com/Breast-Feeding-in-Uniform

CJ England said...

I read that article, Ray and I think it is important. I loved the comments people wrote.