Friday, September 6, 2013

Ooops, I Almost Missed One -- So Here's Some Fun

Hey all,

Sorry this week's blog is late.  It's been crazy since we're moving on to Belo Horizonte on Tuesday.  But I wanted to touch base.  I'll have another blog next week, but it will be on Friday instead of the usual Thursday.

I've been doing a lot of sewing, writing and jewelry making here in Brasilia.  Not a whole lot else I want to do.  Some things I think I should do, but I can't get myself all excited about them, so I've finally decided to shrug them off and wait until Belo to do anything touristy.  LOL

Once in Belo, I'll have ten days before we're off on our next big adventure.  I can't remember whether I've mentioned it here or not, but we're taking a seven day cruise up the Amazon river.  I'll be doing a blog or two on that in October.

But today's blog is just a fun one.  As I've been doing research I found some things I thought I'd share with you.  I hope you enjoy them.

This first one is something I did one Saturday here in Brasilia.  I met this great group of people through Cirque and was able to take an hour to play with them.  They are called Batala Drum Group and they are in a word... AWESOME!!!!  Here's a pic with me and following it is a link to a news video they did with Cirque last week.  


This next link is one my friend Pat sent me.  I giggled like a school girl when I used it.  Silly fun for everyone.  http://img0.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/5/3970/3970473_sprite198.swf  Seriously, the people that do this stuff have a lot of times on their hands.  *grin*

And one last treat.  Jonathon took me to a restaurant the other night.  Delicious food and we had a great time.  But while we were eating, they had a video running.  One we'd never seen.  Have you ever heard of The Piano Guys?  According to the media, they started making videos for fun and became a world-wide sensation.  I enjoyed them so much I immediately got their albums.  Perfect background music, but the videos were even better.  Take a look at youtube and see them all.  But this one was my absolute favorite. 


-->
-->
Is that a hoot or what?  And great music, too!  I love finding things like this.  Remember serendipity?  

Anyway, you all have a great week.  I'll be back on Friday with a note about upcoming events in Belo Horizonte!  

Hugs!

CJ England









Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CJsaysFollowYourDreams


4 comments:

Phylis said...

This is so funny CJ. I just got done watching some of their videos on You Tube! I love what they do with the music but haven't had a chance to get an album. Someone else you might want to ck out is Lindsey Sterling. She's an amazing violinist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI
Crystallize is her own creation but she has done remakes of other songs as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5VWf84r33U This is what I just recently watched of The Piano Guys. I also watched Over the Rainbow. Love it!
It is so cool that the drummers are all women. Wish I understood what they said in the interview but it was great to see them play. Thanks for sharing! Love to see what you see.

Ray said...

The first picture reminds me of either being on Sugar Loaf Mountain looking at Estádio do Maracanã in Rio. Looking down on the stadium gave me a powerful feeling seeing something I had heard of all my life.

CJ England said...

Thanks, Phylis. I'll check her out. I love finding new artists.

CJ England said...

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Rio, Ray. I want to go to the top of Sugar Loaf, too.