Friday, June 19, 2015

Signage Near and Far

Hey all,

A little fun today since my computer has been down with a HUGE reboot and cleaning.  I upgraded my Mac to Yosemite (still not sure I like it) and it takes bloody FOREVER to put things back to rights.

So if you haven't seen me around, that's why.  Way too much stuff to redo to get myself normal (or as close as possible) again.

Anyway, since I didn't have time to do much research for this blog, I thought some fun signage would be in order.  These first four are from Bern, Switzerland.  They gave me a chuckle or two.  Hope you enjoy!

While to the naked eye it looks as if this sign doesn't know if it's coming or going, it's actually a waderweg sign, showing the walking paths that traverse most of Switzerland.  The country is awesome about showing all the places you can walk.

Apparently, the name SCHMUCK is very common is this area of Europe.  But it sure made me do a double take, then double up with laughter!

Sign near the Bear Pits in Bern.  It's a wonder they allow you to breathe!!!!!!!!

My favorite signage in Bern.  I think every country should have it.  Set just outside one of the public toilets in Old Town, the figures crossing their legs needing to pee, really gave me a giggle.  The sign actually says, "Supervised WC System.  Here on the Mezzanine."


And now moving on to back home.  This sign was somewhere between Colorado and Ohio in a gas station.  While I'm all for trying something new, I refused to let Jonathan have any since it was only 7am.  I couldn't stomach the smell of them that early in the morning.  *bleah*

OMG.  The I Like Cheeseburger Kitties are taking over.  This was on a bag of pretzels!  LOL

Saw this funny sign as we were riding through the Ohio Amish country.  We so often mistake their faith for being too dour and serious.  This shows just what a great sense of humor they have.

And finally, right here in Columbus, we saw this sign as we were taking a bike ride.  I couldn't believe it.  Are Americans so clueless that they need a sign like this?  Apparently so.  Doesn't bode well for the future!!!


Well, there you have it!  I hope you enjoyed this weeks offering.  Stay tuned for more news in the upcoming weeks!  I'm baaaaacccckkkkk!!!!!!


Hugs,

CJ England












Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com/luckbealady/luckbealady.htm

2 comments:

Phylis said...

Yes, I really think people are that clueless. It's very frustrating! I like the nom nom nom on the package. lol Very funny, thank you for sharing them!

Ray said...

At the Ocean Front in the resort area of Virginia Beach there are signs at the beach entrances similar to your bear pit signs. There are so many things you can't do that I tell people they could all be replaced with one sign that says No Fun.

The Happy wanderer sign reminds me of an intersection in Tacoma WA during construction with arrows in every direction including up near a sign telling you how to get to the main highway.

I love confusing signs. They can only take a back seat to some of the confusing GPS directions using Google Maps. I was directed to Indian River West instead of East to get to a location that took me in the direction of my house. Google Maps doesn't say recalculating. If you go the right way it just continues giving directions.