Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Out of the Country Doesn't Mean Out of Mind

Hey all,

As you read this, we'll be hiking in the Blue Mountains. Last week it was the Royal Forest...more of a Bush type of fauna (except for the small Forest Path rainforest) but the Blue Mountains are supposed to be very different. I'll try and share those pics on Friday.

But today I wanted to share about what I'm seeing as an American living outside the United States. It's really funny how things have changed in the last ten years. While every once in a while we'd run into someone who disliked the United States and Americans, most people we're very curious about our country and longed to visit someday.

Well, I have to admit, that's changed. These last few months, people aren't nodding their heads and wishing they could be Americans. Instead, they're shaking their heads and telling me they are sorry that our country is going to Hell in a handbasket. They don't ask who I'm voting for, most believe the two main choices are so bad, they can't imagine me voting for either of them.

And since I agree with them, it's kinda hard to defend the whole situation.

As I mentioned in a previous blog, the only thing I like about the upcoing election are the humorous memes and cartoons I find online.  What is it they say? If I didn't laugh, I'd cry?




I'm really glad I don't have to turn on the TV and watch the USA news. Honestly, I'd rather watch the latest rugby scores or whatever the breaking news is here in New South Wales. I find that the most horrific news is still less painful than the idea that Clinton or Trump may be our next president.

Anyway, since this blog will go live so close to election day, I wanted to take the time to say to all Americans that no matter how BAD you think things are, voting IS a privledge that people died to make sure we all had, so do it. VOTE!!!

Have a great rest of your week!!!

Hugs,
CJ England










Follow Your Dreams
http://www.cjengland.com/wanderingstar/badtothebone.htm

2 comments:

Ray said...

I have been watching BBC in America for news lately. They cover the US election, but not non stop like the American news channels. They are also disinterested parties just covering the election and not trying to manipulate it.

I saw Michael Moore on a couple of TV shows in the last two weeks. He was wearing a BBC News ball cap. I think that was a statement of what he thinks about American News.

The meme about thinning out your friends list is the best one. There are two or three people including Kay Hooper and Eileen Dreyer who have a running discussion on the election. To participate you run the risk of someone name calling or insulting your intelligence. People can't just give an opinion without being personally challenged. No such thing as a simple disagreement.

Phylis said...

This has been a horrible election year. Our choices are terrible. Our political parties are in it for themselves and with everything else going on in the world, it's pretty damn scary and to top it off, you don't know who to believe in the news anymore. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures from today's hike. They take me away! I like the memes you shared, they are so much better than the ones that really go after a specific candidate...I think those are just mean.