Friday, January 20, 2017

Some Fun From Melbourne

Hey all,

We're here in sometimes sunny Melbourne, Victoria in Southwestern Australia.  We've got an apartment ten minutes away from downtown. It's got a great view, and it's a wonderfully comfortable place for us for the two plus months we're here.


We've been here just over a week and I've already found a multitude of funny signs and happenings I wanted to share with you guys. So enjoy!!!!!!!

Want some flip-flops? Here in Melbourne you don't even have to go into a store to shop for shoes. Just pop in a five dollar bill and take your pick.
Seriously...only in Australia!

Now I've heard McDonald's called a lot of things, The Golden Arches, Micky D's, and McDick's but this was a first for me.  Macca's???
I did some research and found there are many places where McDonald's ISN'T called by that name. Interested? Check this LINK out to see what else is out there.

This was taken at Melbourne General Cemetery. All I could think of was, 
"Wow! Are they strict!!!! Only dead people allowed to hang around here! And only if they're laying down. LOL

I saw this grave and had to take a picture. Read it carefully. This guy was REALLY busy! Wow!

I saw this and just scratched my head. What the hell is this place? Is this where men are taken when found on the street? Is it an old dunny that has been taken down? Guesses anyone?
Enquiring minds want to know! LOL

That's it for now. I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you but I'm enjoying my new way of life.

You all take care, and I'll see you again soon!

Hugs,
CJ England










Follow Your Dreams
http://www.cjengland.com/wanderingstar/badtothebone.htm

4 comments:

Phylis said...

Cool and interesting pictures. I have no idea on the last one. I hope it's not an open urinal. Ick.

Ray said...

The last picture could be an open urinal. Men in Italy would stop their cars along the Autosradas (expressways) to urinate. Maybe Melborne is doing them one better.

Do the oddly named McDonald's serve the same food or are they using the Golden Arches without the permission of the McDonald's corporation?

CJ England said...

After living in Amsterdam, Phlylis, I have to admit my first thought was an open toilet too, but...it's so bloody exposed.

As far as McDonald's is concerned, it IS an actual restaurant belonging to the franchise. It's just named something else here. I know that Burger King here in Australia is called Hungry Jack's, but I KNOW I saw an actual McDonalds in both Brisbane and Sydney, so I'm not sure why it's called Maccas here in Melbourne.

Aakash said...

Really What is this

Best Vape Shop in NJ
celebrity bio
Lyrics
Locad
Pet Care in New Delhi
Gaming Wallpapers in HD